- ORDINARY SHEPHERDS who love Jesus and follow his command “feed my lambs” (John 21:15b);
- DEDICATED to Biblical instructions to “train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
- CALLED TO SERVE IN MINISTRY to TEACH about God’s Way; HELP children UNDERSTAND what it means to live in Jesus’ Way; ENCOURAGE them as they PRACTICE HIS WAY; and SUPPORT them as they COMMIT to HIM and HIS WAY.
WE EXPECT parents and caregivers to…
- UNDERSTAND our ministry purpose and goals.
- UNDERSTAND the importance of regular attendance and COMMIT to and PLAN for it.
- UNDERSTAND that we cannot accomplish our goals for your child without your support.
WE WANT YOU TO KNOW that we LOVE and WELCOME all children who come ready to meet Jesus and to learn more about HIM and HIS way.
WE WANT TO…
- KNOW YOU, HEAR from YOU, and WORK with YOU;
- BE at your child’s beginnings; to WALK with him or her as they JOURNEY in life and;
INTRODUCE your child to JESUS and HELP your child grow in knowledge of Him and commit his life to Him
OUR MINISTRY PLAN AND METHODS
In the Little Lambs Nursery for infants to potty-trained 3’s:
In the Sonflowers Class for potty-trained 3’s through pre-school:
We PLANT THE SEEDS as we tell God’s stories, listen to each other’s stories, and share in Godly play and activities.
In the Sonbeams Class for children in Kindergarten and 1st grade:
We FEED, WATER & GIVE LIGHT as we SPEND TIME in a special place. We LISTEN to God’s words, HEAR His stories,
TALK to God and WONDER about what we have heard. We quietly WORK and PRACTICE what we learn about worship.
In the Ark Kids Class for children in 2nd and 3rd grades:
We GROW as we DIG DEEPER and focus on Jesus’ life and relate to His experiences.
We LEARN that we can respond to our circumstances and experiences like He did;
and we PRACTICE following His example in group activities.
In the Clubhouse for 4th, 5th, and 6th grades:
We SHAPE and SEND as we LEARN what it takes to be like Jesus.
We STUDY CONCEPTS such as the Gospel of Salvation, what it means to be renewed, and justification; and
We BEGIN to prepare the children for COMMITTING their lives to CHRIST
Little Lambs: Lori Baker & Carol Blanch
Sonflowers: Cathy Gannaway & Nicole Dapp
Sonbeams: Jennifer Addey, Kathy Bateman,
Ark Kids: Rick Bahr, Mary Havrilak
Clubhouse: Trish Benton, Bob Hale